Alpha Release #3 "Growing trees"Working:
- based on Android Open-Source Project (AOSP) v 4.0.4_r1.2 (IMM76I)
- Google Applications (GApps), PlayStore (Android Market)
- dualboot kernel (without reflashing), ability to choose OS after power on.
- N950 supported (see http://forum.nitdroid.com/index.php?topic=134.0
- 3D drivers, OpenGL, hwrotation
- touchscreen (multitouch)
- hw buttons (volume, power)
- ECI accessory (headset buttons)
- USB networking
- lcd off in sleep mode, electron beam effect (demo: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kFMTofYt_2g
- alarm driver, RTC
- mounting MyDocs as "SDCard" [realized; NOT FIXED, but HACK EXISTS]
- basic video decoding (sw) and playback, youtube
- wifi (only basic functionality: able to connect to AP, linkspeed/RSSI (signal strength) indication. no tethering).
- basic CellMo functionality: network registration, USSD, SMS, data (GPRS/EDGE/3G), signaling. Actually, ofono/ofono-ril stack is used: all things that it able to do on the n900. "Roaming problem" seems to be fixed (please, confirm).
- bluetooth (scanning, can pair devices. I'm able to send files between SGS2 and N9. Rapoo keyboard - ok. I didn't test deeper.).
- reliable charging, battery status. Battery information at system level (you can use third-part apps for battery/charging monitoring)
- sensors: accelerometer
- audio: playback (audio routing to: loudspeaker, headset or earpiece), jack switch in kernel (h2w), preliminary microphone support (voicesearch, shazam/soundhound - ok)
- lights HAL (lcd brightness)
- fakeGPS (ability to trick system and set any location as GPS fix), no real GPS support yet!
- root access (via adb shell; su/Superuser.apk)a lot of minor and major bugfixes since alpha_2.
- little gfx glitch while horizontal scrolling.Demo: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ponaehOrFN8Disclaimer
The same as: http://wiki.cyanogenmod.com/wiki/CyanogenMod_Wiki:General_disclaimerInstallation HOWTO:
0. If you have NITDroid installed already then remove it.
As root in Harmattan:
rm -rf /home/nitdroid
And skip kernel and sillyboot installation steps and proceed from step 3.
1. Install dual-boot kernel as described here: http://forum.nitdroid.com/index.php?topic=90.0
2. Install sillyboot v2
. Details: http://forum.nitdroid.com/index.php?topic=127.0
3. INSTALL NITDROID ROOTFS:
a. Download tarball from here: http://downloads.nitdroid.com/e-yes/n9/nitdroid_n9_ics_alpha3.tar.bz2
, check its integrity, md5 sum for this archive is 96f7f1c4d9f2903550a1e5c82cf3c895
b. copy the archive to your Nokia N9.
c. execute "as root" commands:
tar xjvf /path_to_archive/nitdroid_n9_ics_alpha3.tar.bz2 -C /home/nitdroid/
4. Reboot, push "Volume Up" button when message "Press VolUp to boot alternative OS" appear . Wait a little, pray a little...
5. Usefull stuff:
get adb from Android SDK (http://developer.android.com/sdk/index.html
Commands that would make your life easier:
adb connect 192.168.2.15:5039 -- connect to your device. USB/ADB is broken, but ADB works well over USB networking.
adb logcat -v threadtime -- for reading "main" log
adb logcat -v threadtime -b radio -- for reading "radio" log
adb shell -- to enter to shell
adb pull/push -- allow get/put file from/to the device
adb shell rr -- "restart radio" -- restarts ofono and RIL (This is equivalent for enabling and disabling Airplane mode, but is more handy)
adb shell bb -- show battery/charging statusTHANKS.
Thanks to people contributed to the NITDroid project, especially BDogg64, DJ_Steve, Jay-C, Crevetor. Thanks to sniper_swe, he involved me to N9 story; he also provide intensive prerelease testing:)
Thanks to "Nokia guys", Carsten Munk, Jukka Eklund, ofono team. Thanks to people involved in openmode stuff.
And last but not least, thanks to everyone who made donation