Author Topic: flashing error "ERROR: Bad ape-algo format in DFL61_HARMATTAN_40.2012.21-3_PR_LE  (Read 2138 times)

Offline jaywontdart

• NITDroid novice
Can anyone help with this error message?  I'm running Windows XP on my Mac, and find the differences annoying, ie simple cutting and pasting! :-)

Error given when I give the commands, bad "ape-algo format"?  Any help would really be appreciated, its late at night here in New Zealand, I'm going to bed now and will try again after work :-)

Thank you! :-)

"C:\Program Files\Nokia\Flasher>flasher.exe -a DFL61_HARMATTAN_40.2012.21-3_PR_LE
GACY_001-OEM1-958_ARM.bin -k zImage.pr13 --flash-only=kernel --suppress-warranty
-warning -f -R
flasher 3.12.1 (Oct  6 2011) Harmattan

ERROR: Bad ape-algo format in DFL61_HARMATTAN_40.2012.21-3_PR_LEGACY_001-OEM1-95
8_ARM.bin"

Offline jaywontdart

• NITDroid novice
ah, got it, by changing the name of the kernel file (DFL61.....) to something easier to type (flash.bin) since I was having to copy/paste etc it multiple times and it was confusing to look at, lol, I then left out the "suppress warranty warning" bit and it WORKED!

I'm currently stuck on the Sillyboot step, typing in the terminal instructions, it says it cant find directory and or that the "rootme" password doesnt work.  I'll keep trying and work out whats going at that step too. :-)

Offline jaywontdart

• NITDroid novice
OK, so the commands seem to not work sometimes, no idea whats going on!  But I've individually went through the steps of dualboot, sillyboot and Nitdroid installation, see here :-)

Phone is not giving me the boot into Android by holding Volume Up yet.  Not sure if I've done something wrong, but will check in the morning if I cant get it right at this time, 1am in the morning with work tomorrow :-)

I feel like I'm so close! :-)

Offline jaywontdart

• NITDroid novice
ah!  Just saw the kernelboot thing is working, the @ symbols, "push volume up" etc.  It did the half the screen covered over in blacak thing too, the right hand side of the screen is "covered over by a dialog box", all black.  Then it still booted into normal OS.

I'll try again in the morning, but it seems to have at least parts of the hack in place.

Offline jaywontdart

• NITDroid novice
Soldiered through, and successfully have Android running on my Nokia N9!

THIS Nokia has thrown aside the shackles of failure, to fly free in the Android world :-)

Offline jaywontdart

• NITDroid novice
Found out online, I have to manually type in my wifi network name, clicking the plus sign to add network in Android settings.  Some kind of driver issue or something?  It works though, Im using gmail now :-)