WE NEED TESTERS
Please, try to use it in Harmattan
, report any regressions/issues/etc. Success stories are welcomed as well.
Before you proceed make sure that "Device lock" is not enabled in Harmattan (In Settings \ Security \ Device Lock \ Autolock: off). If you have an Mail-for-Exchange account configured, you may need to delete it before you can disable device lock.
If flasher bombs out with "Devicelock ON: cannot flash unsigned image", then you didn't, go back and disable it.
1. Download flasher for Harmattan for your OS from here: http://tablets-dev.nokia.com/maemo-dev-env-downloads.php
(scroll down to "Maemo Flasher-3.12.1 Tool for Harmattan for your_favorite_OS
"). Install/or/unpack it.
2. Switch off your device, unplug it from PC.
3. Download kernel, Harmattan FIASCO image (filename looks like DFL61_HARMATTAN_40.2012.21-3_PR_LEGACY_001-OEM1-958_ARM.bin) and place these files into flasher's directory.
(TIP: you can use NaviFirm to find and download image specific to your phone)
4. type in terminal (cmd.exe in Windows):
flasher -a DFL61_HARMATTAN_40.2012.21-3_PR_LEGACY_001-OEM1-958_ARM.bin -k zImage.pr13 --flash-only=kernel -f -R
5. Plug in device to PC. After few seconds flashing starts and 4-5 seconds later device will be rebooted and regular boot sequence start.Known limitations:
1. OpenMode. Secure storage problems in Harmattan (can't save passwords for email client, Twitter, Facebook etc).
2. OpenMode. Device Lock Code wouldn't work.
3. SIMLOCK. Sorry, you are out of luck, seems to be your device is locked by operator (do you have any obligatory contract?). Please, contact Nokia or operator representatives/support for more information.
Old kernel, for Harmattan PR 1.2 and NITDroid alpha3 is still available here:http://downloads.nitdroid.com/e-yes/n9/zImage.pr12